Unfortunately, these scanning issues mostly occur due to older scanning technologies still being used by some stores. Some devices (e.g. laser scanners or flat bed scanners) oftentimes have difficulties reading smartphone displays in general. We hope to be able to solve this problem soon though as most stores will hopefully replace these scanning devices with newer image-based scanners in the course of their next cash system update. Until then, you can always ask the cashier to type in the card number manually in these cases so that you don't miss out on any rewards points or discounts.
Articles in this section
- Which barcodes are supported in Stocard?
- How do I scan the barcode on my loyalty card in order to add it to Stocard?
- How do I add a loyalty card if the barcode does not scan?
- The barcode could not be scanned at the store. What is the problem?
- Why did Stocard generate another barcode format than the one on my plastic card?